Thursday, September 30, 2010

Lexi's bigger girl bed



A few days ago I went to go get Lexi out of her crib in the morning when I heard she was up and was quite surprised to find her standing at the door! She has been climbing on everything lately so I figured it wouldn't be too much longer before she learned how to climb out of the crib. We were planning on getting a toddler bed in the next couple months with the baby coming so we went ahead and bought it. Last night was our first time trying it out. I really had no idea how Lexi would do with it..I thought i'd have to put her back in bed a billion times and that it'd end with her in the crib. But she did pretty well. We put her in there and she immediately got up and started playing with her toys. She didn't seem to mind at all that she was in there by herself with the door shut and lights off. I just left her in there to play for about 10 minutes before I'd go in again and put her back in bed. After an hour she finally got so tired that she stayed in bed and fell asleep! I'm hoping it will get a little easier each night.